Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet Sunday and the CFL....

Happy Sunday!! It's the weekend before Grey Cup here in Canada so I'm looking forward to sitting on my couch watching the Eastern and then the all important Western final - Go Stamps!!

Karen has another Sweet Sunday Sketch for us, and when she first sent it out I that WHAT?!?!  I even sent a note out to the Sweet Sunday stampers expressing my feeling for this sketch BUT after letting it sit on my desk for a few days I had a lightbulb moment and all was good.  Here is the sketch that had me stumped at first:


My lightbulb moment came when I received my new stamps from Stamping Bella - I pulled a stamp and set it aside knowing it would be perfect.


The Reindeer and the Birdie is stamped with versa mark black ink onto watercolour paper and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I coloured the image with distress markers.  The background shading is done with stormy sky distress ink.  The fluffy snowflakes are made with liquid appliqué and a heat tool.  For the bottom half of the card I embossed white cs with swiss dots.  The dp is basic greys aspen frost.  The banner is MFT's fishtail stax die-namics.  I used olive colour felt for the snowflake then a snowflake with vellum using MFT snowflake die-namics and added a rhinestone.  The sentiment is from Stamping Bella.


Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs to see their creations and if you play along with us remember to link your card on Karen's blog for a chance to be our guest Sweet Sunday Stamper




Thanks for stopping by & have a great day

Dana 

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Hey Dana, I struggled with this one too....lol Not sure why....it's a great sketch! You rocked it with your scene.

Enjoy the football game. Unfortunately, I'm an Edmonton fan all around :( I'll be watching the last Nascar race of the year :)

Tracy said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Dana this is gorgeous. Absolultey love what you've done with the sketch. And you're right this image is PERFECT!

Karen Motz said...

Love your interpretation of this week's sketch! So fabulous!

Carla Murphy said...

omg - I would have had the same reaction - that's a tough sketch! Love what you've done with it though. Love that gorgeous new Bella stamp and how you did the snow!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is wonderful, love the little scene you created!!

Leslie said...

Excellent take on the sketch!! I think it's scaring me too much to even try :)

Karen Giron said...

You are SO stinkin' creative! I love the stamps above and the little sentiment and all the other fixings in the snow. Brilliant!

Lori said...

Oooh, so pretty! Love how you used the sketch! The little scene is perfect.

Lynn Put said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty and I love the way you stamped the scene across the top of your card! Great way to use this sketch!

Anonymous said...

Shut up, the card is so cute and I love the sketch!

Gisela said...

Too cute!! The scene is perfect for the sketch, great card.