Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ramona on a Sweet Sunday

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted!  We spent a wonderful week in Mexico, but I came home last Sunday with a bit of a bug.  The meds have finally kicked in and I think my mojo is back - just in time for todays  fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch from Karen.  


For my card today I inked up one of Stamping Bella's sweet Ramona images - Ramona and her wagon


The image is stamped with memento tuxedo black ink onto bella's bestest cream card stock and coloured with copics.  The shading around the image is done with stormy sky distress ink.  The ground was suppose to be shaded with pencils, but I forgot and didn't catch it until it was assembled; so please imagine the ground LOL.  

The dp is MME's My Girl.  For the scallop along the bottom I used MFT's simply scallops medium die-namic border.  I decided to cut the half circle out instead of layering it on.
  

For the inside of my card I carried over the colours and a straight border along the bottom.


Please stop by the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs and this weeks fabulous Guest Stamper.  If you play along with us this week remember to link your card on Karen's blog for a chance to be a Sweet Sunday Guest Stamper
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a fabulous St. Patty's Day!!

Dana 

15 comments:

Karen Giron said...

She's so super sweet! I love her little hood and the wagon is too cute. The negative die cut with the circle is fantastic!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Looks like you are getting ready for spring with that image which is just too cute.

Mary J said...

Fab fun card, Dana! Love the sky and papers!

Dawn Easton said...

She's so sweet, Dana! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!! Glad you are on the mend now!

Tracy said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love these colors together. Spring is definitely in the air.

Crafty Cath said...

OMG First thing I noticed after I thought how great this layout is for this image - was she didn't color the ground and it still looks good! Big chuckle when I read your post. Can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to do something but already had the picture taken and was like - it's going up anyway. I love the circle punch out at the top! Sooo different and neat.

Anonymous said...

First, you were in Mexico!!! Lucky and especially with the way the weather has been. After you get back from Karen's, we need to catch up for sure! Your card is darling my friend, love that image.

Leslie said...

Well, you KNOW how much I love Ramona and I LOL at your ground comment. It could be that she's pulling her little wagon through a snowstorm? That's why there are glittery snowflakes falling from the sky onto the perfectly white ground :) The only flaw in my thinking is the flowerpot in her wagon - LOL!

Danni said...

Glad you had a good time in Mexico, sorry about the bug but glad you're feeling better!
Super cute card!!!

Lori said...

So sweet! Love your coloring and the soft shading around the image.

Karen Motz said...

This is so cute! I love her all-pink outfit!

Vicki Burdick said...

OH My Dana, she is adorable, love the papers and colors you sued!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my, that stamp is absolutely precious!! And I LOVE the DP! Great job with this sketch!

Heather Rogers said...

This is darling! What a sweet image and fun patterned papers. :)

Kellie 0:) said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colour combinations. TFS